I learned at an early age that fantasizing about fictional characters and places beat doing math homework any day. In high school, I began sharing my tales with my classmates, who started asking me for more. I’d always dreamed of becoming a published writer, though life and its surprises often got in the way.
Traveling, learning languages, and discovering new cultures have always been passions of mine. I’ve been blessed to visit beautiful places in South America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and North America, where I was able to meet amazing people along the way.
I achieved a B.A. in Tourism in my hometown in Brazil, and was soon invited to work in the USA, where I met my Swiss husband. A Brazilian and a Swiss met and fell in love in Texas. What are the odds, right? ;)
My fascination for international settings and strong-minded characters helped me to hone my craft and find my voice within the romance category. After my daughter was born, I revisited my dream of publication. This time, I was unwilling to give it up. With an ear to ear grin, I can say it was all worth it.
When I’m not writing, I enjoy reading, spending time with family and friends, taking our three high-energy pugs to the park, and skydiving—well, not really, but I wanted to sound cool.
I am a standing member of the Romance Writers of America and the Austin chapter of Romance Writers of America.
Five Things about Me (just because you’re dying to know):
1. One of my dreams is to be part of the cast of a Grease Broadway musical with a twist: my character would be called Frizzo, which would be a mix between Frenchie and Rizzo (my two favorite characters).
2. Frizzo is also my nickname for my hair in the morning.
3. I think people don’t give carbs enough credit.
4. I’m a big Seinfeld addict.
5. I speak English, Portuguese, indecent French and somewhat okay Spanish.